I MISS MY KNITTING!!! It has been a very long time since my last blog post and I apologize. I really try to update this blog on a more consistent and regular basis but I have a huge tendency to procrastinate (very bad for writers, I know!). It has also been a very long time without any knitting projects... I think about 2-1/2 months now? And it's driving me crazy! I have a long queue on Ravelry and I had set out to knit this awesome Beret but then I looked at the chart on the pattern and I got confused and I put away the bag with the yarns and the needles and that was it.
Now, I want to get a Takumi Bamboo circ US size 1 with cables long enough to do two-at-a-time toe up socks using the magic loop method but with the furlough going on with my husband's job, I might have to wait a little bit to get all my sock yarns and needle. I need socks for work as the store bought ones have holes on them now and I promised myself that I'd replace them all (luckily just 4 pairs) with hand knitted socks now that I have found that I enjoy toe up socks with the afterthought heels. I wanted to wear colorful lacey hand knitted socks to work since my feet always get cold and so this is my chance and I'm super excited to knit them up.
With my creative writing class (Writing for Children & Teens at the Institute for Children's Literature), I had originally thought that I would be able to do my writing assignments during breaks at work and weekends and I could squeeze in some knitting at night to help me relax. Sadly, the knitting part fell through. And now that I have a better handle on my writing class, I'm hoping I can squeeze a bit more knitting at night to relax and get those creative juices flowing.
On top of that, I am in the planning stages of starting up my online craft store called Golden Dragon Crafts. Currently, I am doing research on which website (Etsy or Amazon, eBay, etc) will be more beneficial in terms of seller fees, as well as which company offers a more competitive price on domain registration, web hosting and such. Hopefully I can figure out everything soon. I'm giving myself the rest of 2013 to hammer everything out and 2014 will hopefully see my store up and running. So excited!
Books I've Read Since Last Blog Post
• Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire - 11/13/2012
• Winning The Wallflower by Eloisa James - 11/27/2012
• Storming The Castle by Eloisa James - 11/28/2012
• The Duke Is Mine by Eloisa James - 12/01/2012
• Life of Pi by Yann Martel - 12/31/2012
• Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street #6) by Debbie Macomber - 01/9/2013
• Hannah's List (Blossom Street #7) by Debbie Macomber - 1/17/2013
• When Beauty Tamed The Beast (Fairy Tales #1) by Eloisa James - 1/24/2013
• Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprilynne Pike - 2/5/2013
• Destined (Wings #4) by Aprilynne Pike - 2/7/2013
• Much Ado About You (Essex Sisters, #1) by Eloisa James - 2/25/2013
• The Expats by Chris Pavone - 2/27/2013
• The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts - 3/3/2013
• The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts - 3/4/2013
• Write That Book Already!: The Tough Love You Need To Get Published Now by Sam Barry - 3/7/2013
• Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2) by Eloisa James - 3/9/2013
• Pleasure for Pleasure (Essex Sisters, #4) by Eloisa James - 3/13/2013
• The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew #1) by Carolyn Keene - 3/21/2013
• The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew #2) by Carolyn Keene - 3/25/2013
• The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew #3) by Carolyn Keene - 3/29/2013
Currently Reading & Writing
• Homework stuff
• The Taming of the Duke (Essex Sisters, #3) by Eloisa James
• Second Collapsible Cloche by Laura Macagno-Shang
• Maria's Lovebot by Rebecca Danger - a last minute 2012 Christmas gift for my mother-in-law in addition to the Scalloped Table Runner
• Boye Electric Yarn Ball Winder - I guess you can pretty much call this my biggest knitting-related purchase. But with the help of a $25 Michael's Gift Card and a 40% off coupon, I got this for a reasonable amount and I love it! Though the yarn balls don't come off as firm as the ones you get with hand winded yarns (the yarn balls come off as soft and squishy and may or may not become unwound (is that the right term?) but so far, it works just fine for me and it keeps my stashed yarns in neat little balls.
• Logitech K760 Wireless Solar Bluetooth Keyboard for Mac, iPhone & iPad - I got this keyboard for Valentine's Day because ever since I started my writing class, I have been on the lookout for a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad because typing on the on-screen keyboard for a lengthy amount of time is just not good for my wrist. Everyone I know at work who has the iPad had bought the Apple wireless keyboard. They all said that they had to change the batteries every three months or so. I didn't like the idea of spending as much for batteries especially since I'll be using it more than they do. So I got this instead and boy do I love it! It has three bluetooth buttons to set up with three different devices. I set it up for my iPad, my husband's iPad and our shared MacBook. The keyboard has the same keyboard layout as any Mac/Apple keyboard and it paired up easily with the three devices during set up and afterwards, simply pressing on one of the bluetooth buttons would connect the keyboard to the device it is set up with in probably 2 seconds. There's no need to disconnect my iPad's bluetooth to use the keyboard with my husband's iPad, the MacBook and vice versa. Since I unboxed the keyboard on Feb. 9, I still have yet to see the keyboard's battery light to indicate low battery. Keyboard's tactile feedback is awesome and I think it has the same feel as that of the Apple Wireless Keyboard. Though the Logitech K760's dimensions are bigger than my iPad, overall, I am very happy with this keyboard and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a keyboard who doesn't want to deal with changing out the batteries.
Just in case, I would like to share the blogs and/or podcasts I'm really enjoying which are also listed on the side bar...and these are in the order I discovered them...hope you'll enjoy them too!
• 2 Knit Lit Chicks
• Never Not Knitting
• The Writing Show (ended Dec 2012 I think)
• Books On The Nightstand
• Knit Me Happy
• Knitting Blogcast
• Blooming Knitter
• Knit 1 Geek 2
• Just One More Row
• That's Write
• The Foodie Knitter
• Knitabulls Podcast
• Ladies of the Knit
• Robinz Nest
• The Book Pod
• Life Coach and Author Sheri Kaye Hoff
• The Pinoy Warrior
• Worsted For Wear
• Literary Disco
• Book Fight
• Reading and Writing Podcast
• Write The Book Podcast