I feel blessed that I didn’t have to file for unemployment with the layoffs that happened at work in February but driving 84 miles one way to go to work and waking up at 3am just to make it to work at 6am was just not cutting it, not to mention the amount of gas expenses I rack up every week! Thankfully, I got another job that is somewhat closer at about 62.2 miles one way and this time I get to wake up at 4:45am and at a higher pay is not so bad. I’m still hoping to get a job offer that is 2.3 miles from home as that would be perfect in cases of emergencies when it comes to my in-laws since my husband now works in Lakewood, CO. One of us has to stay and work close to home. Hopefully I will hear from them with a job offer. Cross your fingers and definitely send prayers my way if you are the praying kind. I would definitely appreciate all the positive energy coming my way!
On the book front, being a member of Penguin's First To Read Program, and finally having the time to actively participate and request galleys, has been fun so far. I get to read books before they hit the bookstores (check out my book reviews below) on top of that, because of Goodreads, I met this really sweet author and she gave me a signed copy of her first book in the mail because I could not find a galley anywhere online for my April/May reviews. So keep an eye out for the next book review.
On the yarn end of things, I still have yet to get started on another baby blanket and this time it's for my husband's cousin and she's due sometime in August. I already have the yarn for the project, I just need to find the time to actually start it.
Books I've Read Since Last Blog Post
- Love Handles (Oakland Hills #1) by Gretchen Galway - 2/13/2015
- Misery by Stephen King - 3/9/2015
- The Fair Fight by Anna Freeman - 3/17/2015
- The One That Got Away by Bethany Chase - 3/35/2015
- A Tale Of Two Besties by Sophia Rossi - 4/2/2015
- The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman - 4/13/2015
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Sweet Forgiveness by Lori Nelson Spielman
- All writing projects (except blog posts & book reviews) are currently on hold until I figure out my new day job work schedule. In the meantime, I will endeavor to learn the business and especially the marketing side of being an author.
- Knooked Mittens - I used 3/4 skein of Premier Yarns Serenity Sock Weight in the Chili colorway, 50% Superwash Merino, 25% Rayon from Bamboo, 25% Nylon and Knook Hook US size E/3.5mm
- Packham-Le Baby Blanket - I used 2 skeins of Baby Bee Sweet Delight DK Weight in the Charming colorway, 60% Acrylic, 40% Polyamide and US size G/4.00mm Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hook
- Uncle Joe’s Hat - I used Patons North America Classic Wool Worsted Weight in the Navy colorway, 100% Wool and US size G/4.00mm Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hook
- I will be starting the Gonzalez-Woolridge Baby Blanket sometime this week
In case you’ve missed it, I have two book reviews I’ve posted in March: The Fair Fight by Anna Freeman and The One That Got Away by Bethany Chase and two book reviews so far in April: A Tale Of Two Besties by Sophia Rossi and The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman
Just in case, I would like to share the blogs and/or podcasts I'm really enjoying which are also listed on the side bar...and these are in the order I discovered them...hope you'll enjoy them too!
- 2 Knit Lit Chicks
- Never Not Knitting
- The Writing Show (ended Dec 2012 I think)
- Books On The Nightstand
- Knit Me Happy
- Knitting Blogcast
- Blooming Knitter
- Knit 1 Geek 2
- Just One More Row
- That's Write
- Ladies of the Knit
- Robinz Nest
- The Book Pod
- Worsted For Wear: A webcomic about knitters (ended 4/23/2014)
- Literary Disco
- Gantsilyo Guru Blog
- The Creative Penn
- The Author Biz Podcast
- Creative Yarn Entrepreneur