|The Skin Dudes - Pink & Tan Polka Dot Pattern V1|
I also ordered a clear snap on hard case from Amazon so as not to scratch the sticker.
|HDE Clear Snap On Hard Case|
What I ended up doing was the best of both worlds. I did not actually peel the decal from the sticker sheet. Instead, I simply inserted the decal/skin inside the clear top lid and then snapped on the lid onto my writing machine.
I've had this skin on my writing machine for about 4 months now and I'm getting tired of the look. I need something new but at the same time, I don't want to spend hours looking for the next skin that is so common that it doesn't even reflect me. So, I pulled out a pad of Happy Trails Specialty Paper (available at Michael's or Hobby Lobby) that I had stashed in my closet, a pair of scissors, a ruler, a pencil and a little bit of glue for the collage piece. So now, I have a total of 11 additional skins for a fraction of the cost of some of these DIY laptop personalization videos on YouTube.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper|
1. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper Collage (used with a bit of glue to hold everything together) and this skin has a piece of element from all the other Happy Trails Specialty Papers and the fact that I love lighthouses, I could never remember which compass direction I am facing, I love the ocean and fireworks, I like color, I love to travel, I am overdue for a vacation (sadly, PTO is not yet available) and my adventurous journey as a writer. And this is what my writing machine is currently wearing.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Collage|
2. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Colorful Linear Pattern. This is my first skin, which I used for 2 months before I switched over to The Skin Dudes. For some reason, this patten makes me feel happy.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Colorful & Happy|
3. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Circles Pattern is actually the pattern on the other side of #2. However, I had to use the 2nd sheet for this because I cut this piece as a rectangle to show the silver of the MacBook Air on the edges as border.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Circles Pattern|
4. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Fireworks and the other side of the sheet is a floral pattern. I'm thinking of using the fireworks pattern during the fall season because of the fall colors and the floral pattern during the summer months.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Fireworks|
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Floral Pattern|
5. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Clouds. I couldn't resist this because it reminds me of the watercolors I used to do and the fact that I used to watch the clouds on lazy summer days back when I was a kid.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Watercolor Clouds|
6. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Boat with a map and a compass that I cut and glued from another sheet to represent my poor sense of direction and love of travel.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Boat & Compass|
7. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Waves Pattern which is actually the bottom part of one sheet and the top part of another sheet. The bottom part makes me see a mermaid's tail and the top part reminds me of crashing waves on the beach.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Bottom Part of Waves Pattern|
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Top Part of Waves Pattern|
8. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Lighthouse. I think it's a lighthouse or it could be Rapunzel's Tower. For me, it's a lighthouse for hope.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Lighthouse|
9. My Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Journey to reflect my love of travel, my long overdue vacation and my journey as a writer.
|Happy Trails Specialty Paper - Journey|
I hope you enjoyed all these pictures and may it spark your own creative ideas for personalizing your writing machine!