I can't believe it has been seven years since I moved to Colorado from Manila and one of the holidays I very much look forward to every year is Thanksgiving because that is usually when families and/or friends come together and spend time with each other around good food and good company. This year, we hosted Thanksgiving and though we've lost one beloved uncle to cancer early this year, gatherings like this helps remind me to spend more time with those we do still have around and to be even more grateful for their presence in our lives.
I have finally finished all five shawls and have shipped them along with other items in a large box early this afternoon and hopefully it will get to my family long before we get there as that box also contains quite a few Christmas presents that still needs to be wrapped, etc.
On the music side of things, now that I've managed to free up some time to learn a couple of new songs, I've added two new videos on my Walt Disney Music Collection playlist on my YouTube channel. The two songs I've learned to play on my Yamaha DGX-660 are Once Upon A Dream from Sleeping Beauty and Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid. You can watch those videos here.
As for the writing, I have finished the first draft of Helena and the Seven Gnomes (Book 2 of the Helena Meets Magic series) and I've started working on Helena and the Dragon (Book 3). I've also updated Book 1 of the series titled Under The Moon to include a sneak peak of Book 2 and it will be available for free in all the ebook retailers sometime in December. Right now, I'm looking to change the cover of Book 1 and getting a cover for Book 2 and 3 made that way, it can be easily identified as books in the same series.
This month has also been NaNoWriMo and though I did not officially participate, I have written 6,756 words on Helena and the Dragon this month as of November 26, 2016. If you are participating in NaNoWriMo officially or unofficially, how are you doing with your writing goals? Did you reach it or do you need to hustle and get your word count up for these last few days left? Whatever you do, keep writing.
Books I've Read Since Last Blog Post
- Productivity for Creative People by Mark McGuinness - 10/27/2016
- The Writer's Life: Insights from The Right To Write by Julia Cameron - 11/05/2016
- Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #1) by Deanna Chase - 11/09/2016
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) by H.P. Mallory - 11/16/2016
- Chasing Justice (Piper Anderson, #1) by Danielle Stewart - 11/19/2016
- Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned, #1) by Robyn Peterman - 11/22/2016
- Helena and the Dragon - I'm at 6,756 words out of my 20,000 word count goal for this MG/YA book.
- Christmas 2016 Shawls - pattern used was On The Town Shawl by Julie Farmer, yarn used was Bernat Baby Sport, 100% Acrylic, Sport Weight
Up Next in Crochet Projects
- A baby blanket for my coworker's baby boy
- The Virus Shawl
- Stripey Socks
- Winter Hats
Just in case, I would like to share the blogs and/or podcasts I'm really enjoying which are also listed on the side bar...and these are in the order I discovered them...hope you'll enjoy them too!
- 2 Knit Lit Chicks
- Never Not Knitting
- The Writing Show (ended Dec 2012 I think)
- Books On The Nightstand (ended June 2016)
- Blooming Knitter
- Knit 1 Geek 2
- Just One More Row
- Ladies of the Knit
- Robinz Nest
- Me & My Dog & Some Yarn (YouTube Only)
- Worsted For Wear: A webcomic about knitters (ended 4/23/2014)
- Literary Disco
- Gantsilyo Guru Blog
- The Creative Penn
- The Author Biz Podcast
- Creative Yarn Entrepreneur
- Self Publishing Formula
- Writer On The Road
- Potter & Bloom Crochet Podcast (YouTube Only)
- Crochet Cakes Podcast (YouTube Only)
- TOE Creations (YouTube Only)