It's the day after Christmas and 6 days left in 2016. I'm done packing and ready to go home to Colorado. For the past 8 days, my husband and I have been staying at the Dusit Thani Hotel in Makati, Philippines visiting my family after a 7-year long absence. I have to say, the city has changed a lot: more crowded, traffic has gotten way worse, prices has gone up and the weather has become more hot and humid. Two things remained the same though: good food and bright, colorful Christmas lights and decor everywhere.
It was fun spending time with my family and visit the place where my husband proposed overlooking Taal Volcano (a volcano in the middle of a lake) in Tagaytay City where my husband got to talk to my sister and got to know her a little better while we hiked last Thursday. Then he got to spend some time talking to my brother and got to know him a little better as well during lunch last Friday. He was also able to talk to my dad and get to know him as well the first day (Monday) we arrived. And I'm glad he hit it off with my Auntie Jo (who lives in Australia) and visiting with the family this time of year as well.
This time of year, a lot of people are now making plans, new year resolutions or goals. Right now, I'm still thinking them over but one of the few things I want to achieve in 2017 are to exercise more, walk my dog more, eat healthier, travel more and write more. Whatever you decide to do in 2017 I wish you success in achieving your goals.
Books I've Read Since Last Blog Post
- A Date With Fate (The Adventures of Anabel Axelrod, #1) by Tracy Ellen - 11/30/2016
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling - 12/07/2016
- Little Women (Little Women, #1) by Louisa May Alcott - 12/26/2016
- The Bone With (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco - 12/29/2016
- Little Men by Louisa May Alcott (Little Women, #2) by Louisa May Alcott
- Helena and the Dragon - I’m at Chapter 3
Just in case, I would like to share the blogs and/or podcasts I'm really enjoying which are also listed on the side bar...and these are in the order I discovered them...hope you'll enjoy them too!
- 2 Knit Lit Chicks
- Never Not Knitting
- The Writing Show (ended Dec 2012 I think)
- Books On The Nightstand (ended June 2016)
- Blooming Knitter
- Knit 1 Geek 2
- Just One More Row
- Ladies of the Knit
- Robinz Nest
- Me & My Dog & Some Yarn (YouTube Only)
- Worsted For Wear: A webcomic about knitters (ended 4/23/2014)
- Literary Disco
- Gantsilyo Guru Blog
- The Creative Penn
- The Author Biz Podcast
- Creative Yarn Entrepreneur
- Self Publishing Formula
- Writer On The Road
- Potter & Bloom Crochet Podcast (YouTube Only)
- Crochet Cakes Podcast (YouTube Only)
- TOE Creations (YouTube Only)