Ever since the Keira Knightley movie version of Pride and Prejudice came out in 2005, I've been hooked and I became an Austen fan. I watched all of the BBC Jane Austen book adaptations and every year in October, I listen to the P&P audiobook narrated by Emma Messenger (which was really good, by the way). This year, I want to revisit Jane Austen by reading the books and not consuming her works via television or audiobooks. And because reading is a much slower pace than the other two media formats, I started reading that big collection this past August 26. I really hope to finish all 9 books in this massive The Jane Austen Digest: Complete Collection by October 22.
On the yarn side of things, the 2017 Yarn Along The Rockies happened last August 19-27, 2017 and I hope all you dear yarn crafters out there had fun. I myself decided not to participate in this year's yarn crawl because I don't have shelf space for new yarn as you may have seen in my April blog post. On top of that, my goal was to use up all the yarn I currently have before buying any new yarn. It should not be that hard since I only have a handful of yarn in my stash — or so I think.
Books I've Read Since Last Blog Post
- Destroyer of Worlds (ARKANE, #8) by J.F. Penn - 07/30/2017
- The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse - 08/08/2017
- End of Days (ARKANE, #9) by J.F. Penn - 08/12/2017
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling - 08/21/2017
- 16th Seduction (Women's Murder Club, #16) by James Patterson, et.al. - 08/22/2017
- The Lyons Orphanage by Charlie King - 08/25/2017
- Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - 08/28/2017
- Emma by Jane Austen (from The Jane Austen Digest: Complete Collection)
- Chapter 21 of Helena and the Dragon - Helena and her friends are now making their way back to Munich from Neuschwanstein Castle
- Tea, Books & Crochet - I frogged the crochet socks I was making last month because I'm just not feeling it and the fact that I don't have enough yarn and I don't want to buy new yarn for this pair of socks. Pattern used: The Moogly Crochet Alphabet by Tamara Kelly; Yarn used: Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection Serenity Sock Weight 75% Superwash Merino Wool & 25% Nylon and used 45 yards of the Surf color and 82.8 yards of the Lavender Topaz color.
- Divine Hat - I'm finally using that Icelandic Wool yarn that my coworker gave me 2 years ago last September. I slightly modified this hat's pattern to fit the amount of yarn I have as well as my head size. Pattern used: Divine Hat by Sarah Arnold; Yarn used: Istex Alofoss Lopi, Pure New Icelandic Wool, Bulky weight, 109 yards in the color Light Ash Heather. I have to say though that this yarn sheds a lot!!
- Beret #50617 by Lion Brand Yarns - I'm using the last 2 balls of my Icelandic yarn Istex Alofoss Lopi, Pure New Icelandic Wool, Bulky weight, 109 yards each in the color Space Blue and Olive Green (Dunkeloliv)
|Image courtesy of Lion Brand Yarns|
Just in case, I would like to share the blogs and/or podcasts I'm really enjoying which are also listed on the side bar...and these are in the order I discovered them...hope you'll enjoy them too!
- 2 Knit Lit Chicks
- Never Not Knitting (ended Sep 2016)
- The Writing Show (ended Dec 2012 I think)
- Books On The Nightstand (ended July 2016)
- Blooming Knitter (on hiatus since July 2015)
- Knit 1 Geek 2
- Just One More Row
- Ladies of the Knit
- Robinz Nest
- Worsted For Wear: A webcomic about knitters (ended 4/23/2014)
- Gantsilyo Guru Blog
- The Creative Penn
- The Author Biz Podcast
- Creative Yarn Entrepreneur
- Self Publishing Formula
- Writer On The Road
- Potter & Bloom Crochet Podcast (YouTube Only)
- Crochet Cakes Podcast (YouTube Only)
- TOE Creations (YouTube Only)
- Cherry Heart Podcast (YouTube Only)
- The Crochet Circle Podcast
- Crochet Luna (YouTube Only)
- The Cozy Cottage Crochet (YouTube Only)
- Ewe University: Fiber for the Brain